Not of religion

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Two adjacent poems

10.Two adjacent poems

Am on to writing autobiography, cause I
Feel like dying.
I don’t believe the palmist
Who said my lifeline was strong.
Why do I feel, someone like me should not live in this world?
Feeling this way doesn’t help. At least
Let me splash the words.
I can’t splash money: I am not moneyed.
So can’t hope to be in heaven as well.
I want rebirth, though I don’t believe in it.
So that I can write another autobiography.
I don’t like to call sorrow as sorrow,
But I can’t also dress up without it.
So it’s better to call it sorrow and then go to a movie.
Then I feel so sleepy that I happily forget all that
Happened yesterday. The next day I keep smelling
The fragrant forgetfulness.
*****
No, no. But this also doesn’t jell well.
Perhaps roam like the romantic poets admiring
Trees, woods, birds and rivers. Or paint like
Picasso. Dance, sing, sculpt, meditate.
Pretend madness, though can’t go insane
And at least pass some days.
There will be quite a bit of impact. Then
Cover it with words. To sum up, everyone
Ought to write autobiography before dying.
It’s so simple: cover that with words, which you
Locked in your mind. At least your children
Will publish it. For that at least you must father male progeny.
If not adopt everything. Like we import
Ideas, images and metaphors?
So write autobiography, because it is one’s own
Like me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home